Global EditionASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
Business
Home / Business / Policies

China will allow Irish beef exports

By Wang Mingjie in London | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2018-04-17 00:55
Share
Share - WeChat

China will allow Irish farmers to export beef to China after granting approval to a number of meat processing establishments, the Irish minister for agriculture announced on Monday.

“I understand that the Chinese authorities will list a number of our beef establishments within the next few days,” said minister Michael Creed.

“The opening of this key market presents an excellent opportunity for the Irish beef sector, from farmers through to processors.

“Opening and developing new markets is also a key part of our response to the uncertainties arising from Brexit.”

China first banned exports of beef from Europe in 2001 in response to the outbreak of mad cow disease and the ban also covered US beef after the disease appeared in the United States in 2003.

Now that threat has receded, Chinese consumers are keen to buy more beef and with the high cost of breeding cattle in China leading to insufficient domestic supply, the government has reconsidered its bans.

Creed said the decision made by Chinese authorities “represents a powerful endorsement of Ireland’s high standards by the Chinese administration, for which food safety is a prerequisite for trade.”

Ireland’s agri-food exports to China have increased about five-fold from around 200 million euros ($247.73 million) in 2010 to nearly $1.24 billion last year, which Creed said, “has been a remarkable achievement and underlines the importance of the Chinese market”.

For beef, the door has now been opened and there is a real opportunity for the industry to build on this, added Creed, who will lead a trade mission to China next month to further build on Ireland’s trade relationships.

In 2016, China became the world’s second-largest beef importer behind the US, importing 800,000 metric tons worth $2.6 billion. Chinese reliance on imports grew in 2017, when beef consumption rose by 4 percent, outstripping domestic production, which increased by just 1 percent.

In January, China said it would lift its ban on British beef but farmers may have to wait years before receiving regulatory approval from Beijing; it took three years from lifting the ban on Irish beef for China to approve imports.

Plans to lift China’s ban on British beef could potentially generate $350 million over a five-year period, said Jane King, chief executive of the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board.

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
CLOSE
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品无码专区在线播放| 红楼遗梦成人h文完整版| 夜精品a一区二区三区| 中文字幕中韩乱码亚洲大片 | 欧美综合区自拍亚洲综合绿色| 动漫精品一区二区3d| 偷窥欧美wc经典tv| 在线精品自拍亚洲第一区| 一级一级女人真片| 手机av在线播放| 久久人妻少妇嫩草AV| 旧里番洗濯屋1一2集无删减| 亚洲国产欧美在线观看| 波多野结衣护士无删减| 免费国产成人午夜电影| 精品无码一区二区三区在线| 国产一区二区三区不卡在线观看| 91一区二区视频| 天美传媒一区二区三区| 久久精品中文字幕一区| 中文字幕在亚洲第一在线| 日韩欧国产精品一区综合无码| 农村老熟妇乱子伦视频| 色综合久久综合欧美综合网| 国产在线精品国自产拍影院午夜| V一区无码内射国产| 帅教官的裤裆好大novels| 中文字幕影片免费在线观看| 日本亚洲国产一区二区三区| 亚洲国产欧美在线人成精品一区二区 | 国产h视频在线观看网站免费| 国产精品久久一区二区三区| 一本一本久久aa综合精品| 日韩欧美视频二区| 亚洲av永久无码精品| 欧美人与动性xxxxx杂性| 亚洲国产欧美国产综合一区| 欧美性大战久久久久久久| 亚洲大片免费看| 欧美日韩不卡高清| 亚洲天堂中文网|