Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Society

WeChat account for females shut down over murder comments

By LI LEI | China Daily | Updated: 2018-05-15 08:09
Share
Share - WeChat
A man pays via WeChat app on his mobile phone in Fuzhou, capital of Fujian province, Sept 23, 2016. [Photo/VCG]

A popular WeChat account aimed at female users has been shut down after it was accused of posting vulgar content related to the apparent sexual assault and killing of a flight attendant by a Didi Chuxing driver.

The woman, surnamed Li, 21, who worked for Lucky Airlines, used the ride-hailing app's "hitch" service late on May 5 to travel from the airport to a train station in Zhengzhou, Henan province.

She was picked up by 27-year-old driver Liu Zhenhua, who police say drove Li to a deserted spot 15 kilometers away and killed her, before dumping her partially clothed body.

The WeChat account Ergeng Shitang, or "Late Night Canteen", which had an estimated 1 million active users, posted an article on Friday that was removed within hours due to a flood of complaints from users. It allegedly made indelicate and disrespectful references to Li's death, with many netizens saying the post's content was insensitive and inappropriate.

Police found Li's body on May 8 but did not officially release details of how she died.

Five people, including a police support officer, were detained on Saturday for posting pictures of the crime scene online. Liu, the Didi driver, jumped to his death from a bridge within an hour of the killing, police said.

Li Ming, CEO of Ergeng Shitang, issued an apology shortly after the article was removed and blamed the problem on poor editorial standards.

Zhejiang province's internet watchdog suspended the account for one week on Saturday and ordered operators to clean up any "harmful content". However, on Sunday, parent company Ergeng Media announced it was closing the WeChat feed permanently and that Li had been fired.

"We've made a painful mistake that has led to detrimental effects on society," Ding Feng, the founder of Ergeng Media, said in a statement. "I apologize again to the victim's family and the public. We're sorry for the mistake."

In 2015, Ding acquired a subscription account set up by Li Ming and renamed it Ergeng Shitang, focusing on female topics.

According to itjuzi.com, an online business statistics provider, Ergeng Media has finished four rounds of financing, raising more than 400 million yuan ($63.1 million).

Didi Chuxing suspended its hitch service on Friday. The service allowed private drivers to pick up passengers heading in the same direction, and has a less vigorous vetting process for drivers than other Didi services.

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 真实男女动态无遮挡图| 18末成年禁止观看试看一分钟| 青柠直播视频在线观看网| 成年美女黄网站18禁免费| 亚洲av片不卡无码久久| 美女扒开胸罩让男生吃乳| 国语自产偷拍精品视频偷拍| 中文国产成人精品久久不卡| 欧美疯狂ⅹbbbb另类| 国产在线精品一区二区夜色| 6080yy三级手机理论在线| 大陆三级理论电影有哪些| 一本色道久久综合网| 无上神帝天天影院| 亚洲天天做日日做天天看| 超清中文乱码字幕在线观看| 国产精品久久久久乳精品爆| 中文亚洲av片不卡在线观看| 日韩一区二区三区精品| 亚洲av无码成人精品区狼人影院| 欧美日韩亚洲人人夜夜澡| 亚洲精品无码人妻无码| 被夫の上司持久侵犯奈奈美| 国产真人无遮挡作爱免费视频 | 日本理论片午午伦夜理片2021| 亚洲综合视频在线观看| 福利视频一区二区| 午夜国产精品久久影院| 黄色毛片在线看| 大象传媒在线观看| 一区二区三区免费在线观看| 成人区人妻精品一区二区不卡视频| 中文字幕永久免费| 挺进男同的屁股眼o漫画| 亚洲一区二区三区国产精华液| 欧美日韩福利视频一区二区三区| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久蜜桃不卡| 羞差的漫画sss| 国产v片成人影院在线观看 | 好大好硬使劲脔我爽视频| 一个人看的视频www在线|