Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Business
Home / Business / Companies

Meituan confirms plans to raise funds in HK

By Cheng Yu | China Daily | Updated: 2018-06-26 09:31
Share
Share - WeChat
Employees of Meituan-Dianping prepare to make deliveries in Taiyuan, capital of Shanxi province. [Photo provided to China Daily]

Group buying and dining behemoth Meituan-Dianping confirmed on Monday that it would raise an undisclosed sum of funds through an initial public offering in Hong Kong to finance its future expansion plans.

Though the company did not reveal the exact size of its planned float, Bloomberg reports indicated that it would raise over $6 billion and target a valuation of roughly $60 billion, a price tag that rivals Xiaomi's goal of as much as $6.1 billion in what would be the world's largest IPO in two years.

The move also makes it the latest Chinese mainland "unicorn"-startups with a valuation in excess of $1 billion-to go public in Hong Kong this year. Xiaomi is looking to raise funds through its Hong Kong float on July 9, but has put off plans for a China Depository Receipts issue on the mainland.

According to industry analysts, the Xiaomi and Meituan-Dianping IPOs could herald the next wave of tech listings and open the floodgates for more unicorn companies to list on mainland bourses.

"The market anticipation for tech unicorns is understandable as there have not been too many big-ticket IPOs recently. Sentiment has largely been cautious and there has not been much room for investors to leverage their holdings," said Shen Meng, director of boutique investment bank Chanson & Co.

Shen said that Xiaomi's plans to defer the CDR issue will not have any long-term impact or determine the course of its HK float.

Xiaomi said in its prospectus that it will offer 2.18 billion shares priced between HK$17 ($2.20) and HK$22, raising up to HK$48 billion in Hong Kong.

Meituan was founded in 2010 and merged with comment-rating platform Dianping in 2015. With over 300 million active users using its platforms and more than 4.4 million merchants listed on it, it has become the country's largest provider of on-demand services spanning food delivery, hotel bookings, travel and entertainment ticketing.

In its prospectus, the company said that it generated 33.9 billion yuan in revenue last year, up 161 percent year-on-year. Despite the revenue, it posted a net loss of 2.85 billion yuan in 2017.

The Beijing-based company said it operated on a philosophy of seizing strategic business opportunities and said it was uncertain when it would turn profitable.

"Investors should not be too worried about the company's continuing losses. The key is whether it can reduce the loss in a reasonable way," said Shen.

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
CLOSE
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 色噜噜亚洲精品中文字幕| 亚洲精品白色在线发布| aⅴ在线免费观看| 日韩精品无码一区二区三区免费| 国产一级一片免费播放视频| 美女网站色在线观看| 在线视频这里只有精品| 一本大道香蕉视频在线观看| 无遮挡边吃摸边吃奶边做| 九九热精品免费| 欧美性猛交xxxx免费看| 亚洲精品无码专区在线播放| 秋葵app官网免费下载地址| 国产av一区二区三区日韩| 韩国激情3小时三级在线观看| 国产激情对白一区二区三区四| 55夜色66夜色国产精品视频| 插B内射18免费视频| 亚洲欧美日韩精品高清| 窝窝视频成人影院午夜在线| 四虎影院永久在线| 蜜桃成熟之蜜桃仙子| 国产成人av免费观看| 欧美性狂猛bbbbbxxxxx| 国产精品亚洲综合天堂夜夜| 91精品欧美产品免费观看| 在花轿里就开始圆房高辣h| javaparser日本高清| 婷婷六月综合网| 一级毛片免费在线观看网站| 成人精品一区二区电影| 亚洲一区二区三区深夜天堂| 精品人妻人人做人人爽夜夜爽 | 老司机电影网你懂得视频| 国产午夜无码精品免费看动漫| 国产h片在线观看| 国产成人精品久久综合| 久草福利在线观看| 天天操天天射天天爽| 一本一本久久a久久精品综合麻豆| 成年视频在线播放|