Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

Disney to reopen theme parks in US Florida this week despite pandemic

Xinhua | Updated: 2020-07-08 09:31
Share
Share - WeChat
Sunlight breaks through clouds near Disney World in Orlando, Florida, US Sept 8, 2017. [Photo/Agencies]

LOS ANGELES - Disney said Tuesday that the company will continue the phased reopening of its theme parks in Orlando, Florida, on Saturday with a combination of measures to help reduce risks amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

The reopening of Walt Disney World Resort will mark the first of Disney's theme parks in the United States to welcome back guests after being closed for months.

Disney closed its domestic parks and resorts in mid-March in response to the spread of the extremely contagious disease.

"As we continue the phased reopenings of our parks and resorts across the world, promoting health and safety for our guests, cast members, and the larger community is a responsibility we take very seriously," said Disney Parks Chief Medical Officer Dr. Pamela Hymel in a statement.

"From increased cleaning and disinfecting across our parks and resorts, to updated health and safety policies, we have reimagined the Disney experience so we can all enjoy the magic responsibly," Hymel added.

Disney urged guests to follow new safety instructions while visiting Walt Disney World Resort.

The company said that it will reduce capacity by letting fewer people enter its parks and all guests will be required to make advanced ticket purchases and reservations.

Park officials are also adjusting experiences to allow for physical distancing. This includes physical distancing in dining experiences, attractions, queues and other locations. Additionally, physical barriers have been installed in areas where physical distancing may be difficult to maintain, like cash registers.

Both cast members and guests ages two and older are required to wear a face covering unless swimming or when eating or drinking. Quick temperature checks are required for all guests at entry to the theme parks, according to the company.

Disney announced last month that the company will delay the phased reopening of its theme parks in Anaheim, California. The theme parks were scheduled to reopen on July 17, pending state and local government approvals.

The Disneyland Resort, which is home to two theme parks -- Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park, is still awaiting California guidelines for reopening.

Florida and California are among a number of US states that have seen a surge in new COVID-19 cases in recent weeks.

Disney reopened Shanghai Disneyland in China on May 11 under a slew of health and safety measures, making it the first among six Disney theme parks worldwide to welcome visitors again since the outbreak of COVID-19.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美精品一区二区三区在线| 久久老子午夜精品无码怎么打| 色综合久久91| 就去吻亚洲精品欧美日韩在线| 亚洲日韩在线观看免费视频| 靠逼软件app| 国产精品无码永久免费888| a级毛片高清免费视频就| 成人网视频免费播放| 久久只有这才是精品99| 桃花直播下载免费观看| 亚洲成a人片77777老司机| 电影天堂2018| 免费黄色网址网站| 老师您的兔子好软水好多动漫视频| 国产麻豆剧看黄在线观看| а天堂中文在线官网在线| 成年女人免费视频播放77777| 久久人人爽人人爽人人爽| 日韩精品极品视频在线观看免费| 亚洲免费黄色网址| 欧美日韩高清完整版在线观看免费| 亚洲视频在线观看网站| 青草草在线视频永久免费| 大妹子影视剧在线观看免费| 三个黑人上我一个经过| 搞逼视频免费看| 丰满少妇被猛男猛烈进入久久 | 国产精品刺激好大好爽视频| 99久久久久久久| 日本人与黑人xxxx| 久草视频在线资源| 欧美三级黄视频| 亚洲国产精品无码久久| 欧美日韩一区二区三| 亚洲欧美日韩综合俺去了| 永久域名在线观看视频| 亚洲精品国产福利片| 毛片亚洲AV无码精品国产午夜| 亚洲精品电影天堂网| 波多野结衣一区二区三区|