Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Asia-Pacific

Filipino tourists cautious despite eased intl travel rules

Xinhua | Updated: 2020-10-22 14:12
Share
Share - WeChat
Filipino nurse April Glory is photographed before leaving for the UK, outside Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines, August 20, 2020. [Photo/Agencies]

MANILA - The number of departing Filipino tourists remains low despite the lifting of restriction allowing non-essential travel abroad, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) of the Philippines said on Thursday.

BI data showed that only 95 Filipino tourists left the country as of Wednesday night, in contrast with the 64 that departed on Wednesday last week when only those with "essential" reasons are allowed to leave.

"The number of travelers remain low. It could mean that Filipinos still feel hesitant to travel internationally during the pandemic," BI Chief Commissioner Jaime Morente said in a statement.

However, Morente said the bureau expects the number to pick up during the Christmas holiday season when Filipinos travel abroad to visit relatives overseas.

Starting Wednesday, the government allowed non-essential travel of Filipinos.

Under the new guideline approved by the multi-agency managing COVID-19, a traveler must have adequate travel and health insurance and submit confirmed roundtrip tickets for those traveling on tourist visas.

Outbound traveler must also execute an immigration declaration acknowledging the risks involved in traveling, and a negative swab test result taken within 24 hours before departure, and follow the guidelines for returning overseas Filipinos.

These requirements plus the government policy for travelers to isolate for 14 days when they return from international trips deter many Filipinos from traveling.

Meanwhile, Morente said the ban on entry of foreign tourists stays.

Only Filipinos, their spouse, and minor children are allowed to enter the country holding tourist visas. Restrictions likewise allow foreign children with special needs of Filipinos, foreign parents of minor Filipinos, and foreign parents of Filipino children with special needs to enter the country.

"Those who are eligible to enter are required to secure an entry visa from Philippine embassies or consulates, before their arrival," he said.

On Wednesday, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said the government is "studying" whether to allow foreign visitors from countries with low to medium coronavirus transmission into the Philippines.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产免费人视频在线观看免费 | 国产一区二区三区电影| fc2ppv在线播放| 国语free性xxxxxhd| 一区二区国产在线播放| 无码熟熟妇丰满人妻啪啪软件| 久久精品国产大片免费观看| 国产对白精品刺激一区二区| 图片区亚洲色图| а√天堂资源官网在线资源| 手机看片你懂的| 久久久久成人精品一区二区| 日韩电影免费在线观看| 亚洲中文字幕久在线| 欧美成人免费在线| 亚洲欧美日韩综合一区| 波多野结衣视频在线免费观看| 免费人成在线观看网站品爱网日本| 精品香蕉一区二区三区| 国产精品免费一级在线观看| 99久久精品国产片久人| 天天看片天天干| 久久国产精品一国产精品| 欧美69式视频在线播放试看| 亚洲国产精彩中文乱码av| 欧美黄成人免费网站大全| 你的腿再打开一点就能吃到了| 精品久久久久久亚洲中文字幕| 又色又污又爽又黄的网站| 老熟妇仑乱一区二区视頻| 国产专区中文字幕| 跳d放在里面逛超市的视频| 精品一区二区三区免费视频| 国产午夜精品久久久久免费视| 黄色片在线播放| 国产浮力第一影院| 午夜性色吃奶添下面69影院| 国产精品v片在线观看不卡| 香蕉伊思人在线精品| 国产精品无码MV在线观看| 制服丝袜怡红院|