Chinese mainland reports 20 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases


The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 20 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases, including eight locally transmitted cases and 12 arriving from outside the mainland, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
Six of the locally transmitted cases were reported in Northeast China's Liaoning province, while two were reported in Beijing, the commission said in its daily report.
The 12 new imported COVID-19 cases Friday brought the total number of imported cases to 4,193.
Five of the 12 new imported cases were reported in Shanghai, two in Yunnan, and one each in Fujian, Hunan, Guangdong, Sichuan and Shaanxi, the commission said.
Among all the imported cases, 3,919 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery while 274 remained hospitalized, the commission said.
Twelve COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland, the commission said.
There were 328 confirmed cases still being treated, including four in severe conditions, the report showed.
As of Friday, the Chinese mainland had reported a total of 86,933 confirmed COVID-19 cases, among whom 81,971 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery and 4,634 died of the disease.
No new suspected cases or deaths related to the disease were reported Friday.
- China cultivates first-generation 'space highland barley'
- China's reintroduced crested ibis sets migration records
- China expects record 790m cross-regional trips during Qingming holiday
- China to accelerate digitalization of eco-environment monitoring network
- Book of Xi's discourses on Chinese modernization published in Spanish
- China sci-tech museums adopt AI-powered assistants