Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Society

Former vice-governor given suspended death sentence

By Cao Yin | China Daily | Updated: 2024-10-15 09:37
Share
Share - WeChat

A court in Hubei province on Monday sentenced Wang Dawei, former vice-governor of Liaoning province, to death with a two-year reprieve for accepting bribes exceeding 555 million yuan ($78.39 million).

In addition, Wang, who also once led Liaoning's Public Security Bureau, was deprived of his political rights for life, and all of his personal assets were confiscated, according to the ruling announced by the Xiangyang Intermediate People's Court.

In China, if a prisoner who receives a suspended death sentence commits no new offenses during the reprieve, his or her sentence will be reduced to life imprisonment.

If the inmate behaves well in prison, their sentences may have further commutation, or they may become eligible for parole.

In Wang's case, there will be no possibility of commutation or parole, even if he behaves well, the court said. It means he will spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Additionally, the court has ordered that Wang's illegal possessions and wealth be recovered and turned over to the state treasury.

The court said that an investigation has found that Wang took advantage of his positions, including as deputy head of the Public Security Bureau in Heilongjiang province, head of Liaoning's PSB and vice-governor of Liaoning, to seek profits illegally.

In return, he accepted money, cars and property worth over 555 million yuan between 2008 and 2022.

Wang's activities amounted to the crime of bribery, "and he should be sentenced to death, as the amount of his bribes was extremely large and the circumstance of his offense was extremely serious, bringing great losses to the interests of the country and the people," the court said.

"Considering that he had confessed to the crime, and voluntarily shared many bribery facts unknown to investigators and returned his illicit gains, we leniently punished him with a suspended death, but without further commutation or parole after being reduced to life imprisonment," it added.

Wang, a 60-year-old native of Heilongjiang, joined the Communist Party of China in 1984 and started his career in 1990.

He was placed under investigation on suspicion of severely violating Party disciplines and national laws in March 2022, and indicted on bribery charges in February 2023.

His case was publicly heard by the court in October last year.

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 97热久久免费频精品99| 久久婷婷五月综合色欧美| 精品亚洲一区二区三区在线播放| 国产成人精品免费视频大全| 911精品国产亚洲日本美国韩国| 好吊色青青青国产综合在线观看| 丰满人妻熟妇乱又伦精品| 日韩精品久久久久久| 亚洲伊人久久大香线蕉综合图片| 永久黄网站色视频免费直播| 免费人成在线观看网站视频| 美女图片在线视频精品播放| 国产乱子伦农村叉叉叉| 麻豆91在线播放| 国产激情在线视频| 伊人色综合久久天天人守人婷| 国产麻豆成91| 99久久亚洲综合精品网站| 天天躁日日躁狠狠躁综合| 一级日本黄色片| 成人性生交大片免费看午夜a| 久久久久久久99精品免费观看 | 国产剧情AV麻豆香蕉精品| 国产亚洲sss在线播放| 国产精品一区二区久久| 2018国产大陆天天弄| 国产麻传媒精品国产AV| 99爱在线视频| 大香伊蕉在人线国产最新75| h片在线免费看| 女人l8毛片a一级毛片| 一区二区三区电影网| 怡红院亚洲红怡院在线观看| 中文字幕乱码中文乱码51精品| 日日摸日日碰夜夜爽97纠| 久久人人爽爽爽人久久久| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区 | 国产情侣一区二区三区| 国产婷婷综合丁香亚洲欧洲| 国产日韩欧美亚欧在线| 欧美成人18性|