·Home
·News
·Video/Audio
·Slideshow
·Shenzhou Mission
·Space Policy
·World Programs
Russia wants to join NASA moon project
(Agencies)
2006-12-18 08:55


Russia hopes to join NASA's moon exploration programme with technology and know how, a Russian space agency spokesman said yesterday.

Igor Panarin said Russia was conducting talks with NASA and voiced hope that a deal could be reached within months.

"We want the agreement to reflect Russia's status as a great space power," he said, adding that Russia plans to contribute technology rather than money to NASA's project.

NASA said on Monday that it would send a four-astronaut crew to the moon in 2020 and set up an international base camp on one of the moon's poles that would be permanently staffed by 2024.

Panarin said the agreement with NASA could be modelled on Russia's deal with the European Space Agency (ESA), which envisages launches of commercial satellites by Russian Soyuz rockets from France's Kourou launch pad in French Guyana starting in 2008. Under that deal, Russia would provide booster rockets and the ESA would fund launch pad upgrades.

"We could use a similar approach in the moon project," Panarin said.

Last year, NASA said it would cost US$104 billion just to get back to the moon for its first trip, but NASA officials declined on Monday to estimate the larger costs of a permanent lunar programme.

Russia's state-controlled RKK Energiya has proposed its own moon exploration programme that envisages setting up a permanent base on the moon, but the ambitious plan hasn't received government backing.

The Soviet Union sent numerous unmanned missions to explore the moon, including two rovers that studied the moon's surface in 1970-73. However, it lost the moon race to the United States, which sent Neil Armstrong on his moonwalk in 1969 while the Soviet programme collapsed in a series of booster explosions.

Russia recently has agreed to help China, which is aiming to land a robot probe on the moon by 2010.

Panarin said Russia could cooperate with both the United States and China in lunar research, dismissing allegations of a possible rivalry. "Space research is a vast field with plenty of room for every nation," he said.

Shuttle Discovery to blast off

NASA on Thursday evening local time will attempt to launch its third space shuttle mission in six months, a healthy pace the agency needs to maintain to finish work on the International Space Station before the shuttles stop flying in four years.

On the last flight, astronauts delivered new solar arrays to provide power for additional modules scheduled to be installed next year. The tricky task of wiring the arrays into the station's power grid falls to the crew of shuttle Discovery, which is scheduled for launch at 9:36 pm EST (0236 GMT today), weather permitting.

It is not a sexy mission. The only visual change in the outpost will be the addition of a small spacer segment to the station's exterior truss. But if all goes well, NASA likely will have put its biggest construction hurdle behind it.

At least 14 more missions are needed to finish the US$100 billion outpost.

 



Copyright 1995-2007. All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form.
主站蜘蛛池模板: 手机在线看片国产| 久久久久亚洲精品男人的天堂| 99re5久久在热线播放| 搡女人真爽免费视频大全软件| 亚洲av成人精品网站在线播放| 美女裸体a级毛片| 国产色综合天天综合网| yellow字幕网在线zmzz91| 无码中文人妻在线一区二区三区| 久久精品成人免费观看| 狠狠色综合网站久久久久久久高清 | 91免费国产在线观看| 日本理论片午午伦夜理片2021| 办公室震动揉弄求求你| 躁天天躁中文字幕在线| 国产麻豆精品免费密入口| xarthunter| 性感美女视频在线观看免费精品| 亚洲av无码久久忘忧草| 欧美精品videossex欧美性| 亚洲高清中文字幕| 色噜噜狠狠色综合成人网| 国产精品永久久久久久久久久| 中国jizz日本| 无翼乌邪恶工番口番邪恶| 亚洲免费电影网站| 真实国产伦子系| 午夜神器成在线人成在线人免费| 欧美另类videovideosex| 好吊妞视频一区二区| 久久精品国产亚洲av高清漫画| 牛牛在线精品观看免费正| 国产亚洲成AV人片在线观看导航| 很黄很污的视频在线观看| 在线观看麻豆精品国产不卡| 中文字幕无线码一区二区 | 91精品久久久久久久久久| 成人性生交大片免费看好| 久久久2019精品| 欧美黑人又大又粗XXXXX| 四虎亚洲国产成人久久精品|