Collapse of schools to be probed

By Zhu Zhe (China Daily)
Updated: 2008-05-30 08:33

The national quality watchdog Thursday warned of "severe punishment" to anyone found responsible for the collapsed school buildings in the May 12 quake.

"It is regretful to see so many young students die ... and inspection teams have been sent to the disaster-hit areas to take samples of school debris," Zhi Shuping, deputy director of the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ), told a news briefing organized by the State Council Information Office.

Zhi said the investigations had so far yielded no results, but "if they show quality problems do exist, we'll deal with those responsible with zero tolerance. We will give the public a satisfactory answer."

Earlier this week, the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development and the Ministry of Education ordered thorough investigations into why so many school buildings collapsed in the quake.

Many children - official figures are not available - were crushed to death in collapsed buildings. Some parents have blamed the tragedy on shoddy construction quality because many buildings nearby remain standing.

On Sunday, more than 100 parents - whose children were killed in the collapse of the Fuxin No 2 Primary School in Mianzhu city - marched downtown with placards bearing slogans and photographs of their children, questioning construction quality, Xinhua News Agency reported Thursday.

Jiang Guohua, Party secretary of Mianzhu, knelt before the bereaved parents, trying to persuade them not to go any further. "I promise to produce a solution within a month. If the collapse was caused by quality problems, we'll mete out due punishment to people accountable for that," Jiang was quoted as saying.

The report said in Mianzhu alone, eight schools would be examined.

The AQSIQ Thursday also promised swift and severe punishment for suppliers seeking to profit from the massive reconstruction with sub-standard goods.

Zhi said the AQSIQ would keep a close eye on reconstruction. "Our focus will be on construction materials, such as steel bars or cement," he said.

Wang Xuming, spokesman for the Ministry of Education, said higher quake-resistance standards are being considered for school buildings during reconstruction.

"A fundamental rule is that school buildings should have higher standards than normal buildings," he said.

Food, tents, makeshift houses, farming and agriculture machinery will also come under the scanner, Zhi said.

For example, quality inspectors will ensure that tents, sheets or makeshift houses are water- and fire-proof.

However, problems have already cropped up: The AQSIQ reported Thursday that a company in Shaanxi province was recently stripped of its manufacturing license for sending a consignment of shoddy quilts to a hospital in disaster-hit areas. Also, used blankets have been discovered in international donations.

Zhi said overseas donations would be subject to the same inspection standards as domestic supplies. But he promised 24-hour inspection of foreign aid for quick clearance.

AQSIQ figures show that green lanes have been opened at 14 entry points, including all the country's major ports, to receive international aid.



Top China News  
Today's Top News  
Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
主站蜘蛛池模板: 日产国产欧美视频一区精品| 狂野欧美性猛交xxxx| 紫黑粗硬狂喷浓精| 国产精品毛多多水多| jux-222椎名由奈在线观看| 日日摸日日碰夜夜爽亚洲| 久久这里只有精品18| 欧美叉叉叉BBB网站| 亚洲第一区精品观看| 9自拍视频在线观看| 手机看片福利在线| 久久国产精品亚洲综合| 李宗60集奇奥网全集| 亚洲成综合人影院在院播放| 激情视频免费网站| 免费国产在线视频| 精品久久伦理中文字幕| 啊轻点灬大ji巴黑人太粗 | acg里番全彩侵犯本子福利| 毛片a级毛片免费观看品善网| 再深点灬舒服灬太大女女| 老师办公室被吃奶好爽在线观看| 夜夜嗨AV一区二区三区| 一本大道久久东京热无码AV| 成年人免费观看视频网站| 久久久久久九九精品久小说| 日韩a级毛片免费观看| 久久香蕉精品视频| 极品少妇被猛的白浆直喷白浆| 免费观看成人毛片| 美女羞羞喷液视频免费| 国产一区二区三区在线免费观看| 雯雯的性调教日记h全文| 国产又大又黑又粗免费视频| 黄色三级电影网| 国产色视频在线| 99久久久精品免费观看国产 | 人人玩人人添人人| 国产精品久久久久影视不卡| 怡红院亚洲怡红院首页| 国产精品亚洲一区二区三区在线观看|