Home>News Center>China
       
 

Bosses jailed for wage defaults for debtors
By Chen Hong (China Daily)
Updated: 2006-01-14 05:28

SHENZHEN: Eight company executives in this southern city of South China's Guangdong Province have been jailed for up to one month for failing to pay suppliers and workers.

It is the first time on the Chinese mainland that defaulters have been subject to criminal prosecutions.

In the absence of any specific laws, the local public security bureau charged them with fraud and related economic offences.

Ma Hongbing, an official from the Ministry of Labour and Social Security, said the practice could be followed in the rest of the country to better protect labourers' rights, according to a report by the Southern Metropolis News.

The National People's Congress the country's supreme legislature is studying whether to list the crime of payment defaults as an offence in the country's Criminal Law, Ma was quoted as saying.

The eight executives, including two people from Hong Kong, were convicted at an open trial on Thursday.

According to the Shenzhen Public Security Bureau, the accused withheld many details from investigators and frequently changed company names to try to avoid detection.

In total, they failed to pay more than 41 million yuan (US$5.06 million) to at least 350 suppliers, and more than 7 million yuan (US$863.131) to 1,200 workers.

Another 30 companies were named and received public condemnation during the same hearing. Bosses were requested to go to the local labour departments to resolve the problems within 30 days, or face civil prosecution.

"The event rang alarm bells for all bosses who default on wages, and it has shown the local government will deal a heavy blow to them," Jin Yongquan, a senior lawyer at Jin & Partners, told China Daily.

However, without clear legal stipulations for default, the workers' benefits can hardly be protected to the full, he added.

Wage defaulting is increasing ahead of the Chinese Lunar New Year which falls on January 29 with large groups of migrant labourers trying to get their wages before heading home for family reunions.

In Shenzhen, about 1,300 companies were fined a total of 47.6 million yuan (US$5.87 million) for defaulting wages last year, according to local labour department figures. Workers got back 290 million yuan (US$35.8 million) with help from labour departments.



'Chun Yun' will begin tomorrow
Railway transport peak to come
Snow fun
  Today's Top News     Top China News
 

Four Chinese among haj stampede fatalities; 362 died

 

   
 

EU 'made wrong decision on Chinese shoe industry

 

   
 

UN praises China for combating pollution

 

   
 

Al Qaeda No.2 may have been killed: US media

 

   
 

US House group to discuss China cooperation

 

   
 

Car sales and output top 5.7 million

 

   
  Four Chinese among haj stampede fatalities; 362 died
   
  UN praises China for combating pollution
   
  Ticket scam targets spring break uni students
   
  Sailor saved after 39-hour stay under Yangtze
   
  China cenbank sets mid-point yuan rate at 8.0698
   
  China, India sign energy agreement
   
 
  Go to Another Section  
 
 
  Story Tools  
   
  News Talk  
  It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
Advertisement
         
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久热这里只有精品视频6| 好吊色青青青国产在线观看| 全黄大全大色全免费大片| 黄网址在线观看| 国产精品男男视频一区二区三区| 一区二区三区福利视频| 欧美国产日韩a在线视频| 国产V亚洲V天堂A无码| 91最新高端约会系列178| 少妇无码av无码专区线| 亚洲AV午夜成人片| 精品在线视频一区| 国产福利一区二区| 一级做a爰性色毛片| 欧美va久久久噜噜噜久久| 午夜精品福利视频| 雯雯的性调教日记h全文| 国产最猛性xxxxxx69交| 13一14sex破| 国产高清一级毛片在线人| 丰满岳乱妇在线观看中字无码 | aaa一级黄色片| 日本最大色倩网站www| 亚洲香蕉免费有线视频| 麻豆国内精品欧美在线| 天堂岛最新在线免费看电影| 两个体校校草被c出水| 杨玉环三级dvd| 亚洲天堂福利视频| 精品少妇ay一区二区三区| 国产一级视频在线观看网站| 阿v视频免费在线观看| 国产在线五月综合婷婷| 99久久免费国产精精品| 天天综合亚洲色在线精品| 久久亚洲中文字幕无码| 中日韩一区二区三区| 欧美国产日韩在线三区| 亚洲天堂水蜜桃| 欧美性猛交xxxx免费看手交| 全黄性性激高免费视频|