State team to probe coal mine disaster

(China Daily/Xinhua)
Updated: 2007-12-10 07:16

A State Council investigation team was formed Sunday to probe the deadly gas explosion at a coal mine in Shanxi Province last Wednesday, which killed 105 people.


Rescuers prepare to search for the victims after a gas blast at a coal mine in the Hongtong County of Linfen, North China's Shanxi Province December 6, 2007. [newsphoto]

The blast in Hongtong County is believed to be the second deadliest mining disaster so far this year. In August, 181 miners died when heavy rains flooded two mines in Shandong Province.

The gas explosion last Wednesday occurred at 11:15 pm at the Xinyao Coal Mine, a village-run coal firm in Hongtong County, the city of Linfen, while 128 miners were working in the shaft.

Li Yizhong, director of the State Administration of Work Safety, is heading the team investigating the blast.

Li said the colliery's managers had delayed reporting the explosion to local authorities - they had sent another 37 workers down the shafts to get the victims and let slip a crucial time for rescue efforts.

The mine owner and other executives reportedly escaped after the accident, causing more difficulties for rescue work.

Of the rescued miners, 18 were injured with four in serious condition, Li said.

Police have detained 35 people so far, instead of the previously reported 33, who are allegedly connected to or responsible for the fatal blast.

Among those detained were colliery manager Gao Jianmin, and Wang Hongliang, the mine's legal representative.

The mine's license has been suspended and its bank accounts frozen.

The Ministry of Public Security has also issued a class-B arrest warrant for the owner of the mine.

Vice-Minister of Supervision Qu Wanxiang, deputy head of the investigation team, said Sunday that negligence and misconduct are being taken into consideration and those involved will be punished.

Meng Xuenong, the acting governor of Shanxi Province, said Sunday that the province should draw lessons from the incident and improve work safety, especially in coal mines.

Separately, all 11 miners trapped in an iron pit roof collapse in Hebei Province were rescued after a five-day operation by Sunday morning.

Local government authorities said the miners are in stable condition and have been taken to the local hospital for medical check-ups and treatment.

The miners had been trapped for 129 hours after the roof of a private iron and gold ore pit collapsed at 6 pm last Monday in Chengde, a popular summer resort in the province.

But the mine owner failed to report the collapse to local authorities in the city until Thursday morning.

An investigation into the cause of the accident is under way.

China Daily -Xinhua



Top China News  
Today's Top News  
Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产老鸭窝一区二区三区| 久99久热只有精品国产男同| 人人妻人人爽人人澡人人| 嘟嘟嘟www免费高清在线中文 | 成年美女黄网站色大片免费看 | 晚上看b站直播软件| 成年人免费看片网站| 成人漫画免费动漫y| 国产精品熟女视频一区二区| 日本欧美在线观看| 天堂va视频一区二区| 在线播放精品一区二区啪视频 | 手机国产乱子伦精品视频| 国产精品美女视视频专区| 四虎成人永久地址| 全彩无翼乌之不知火舞无遮挡| 再深点灬舒服灬太大了添a| 全彩无翼口工漫画大全3d| 亚洲中文字幕久在线| 久久综合久久综合九色| 久久国产欧美日韩精品| 亚洲国产成AV人天堂无码| 久草视频精品在线| 中文精品久久久久国产网站| 8050午夜二级毛片全黄app| 国产麻豆欧美亚洲综合久久| 说女生二哈是什么意思| 国产白袜脚足j棉袜在线观看| 成年女人免费视频播放77777| 天天久久综合网站| 国产精品久久久久影院嫩草| 免费爱爱的视频太爽了| 亚洲成A人片在线观看无码| 久久久久综合中文字幕| 99精品无人区乱码在线观看| 美女久久久久久| 欧美特黄三级在线观看| 天堂网在线观看| 偷拍激情视频一区二区三区| 亚洲av无码片区一区二区三区| 久久亚洲精品无码aⅴ大香|